Management & Leadership Development – 3 DAYS
This course is accredited by the Services Seta and material covers unit standards 15224 at NQF level 5 worth 4 credits and 120300 at NQF Level 5 worth 8 credits.
Management and leadership expertise is the single most important factor for the advancement and success of your management career. This course will ensure that you take your personal leadership style and competencies to new levels of success. The course is designed for managers who wish to find their own voice and deepen their management and leadership expertise.
Good leadership ability coupled with solid management skills can have a significant impact on your workplace effectiveness and consequent career advancement. Without these core competencies under control, the workplace can be an extremely harsh environment. Leadership and management skills can be developed to assist managers in achieving their ultimate career goals and in being more effective and productive to their organization.
The aim of the management and leadership course is to strengthen your current management and leadership skills with a more advanced and defined leadership capability.
- This course has been designed to enhance and build on your current management and leadership competencies.
- It will help all managers and leaders develop the essential skills to influence and motivate their staff to achieve exceptional performance.
- Leadership is built on solid management skills, which this course will deepen.
- This foundation provides the essentials necessary for supporting and sustaining your management qualities and performances.
- Maintaining a balance between achieving results and developing your people is the key to successful management.
- This course increases your awareness of your current leadership style and abilities.
- You will also appreciate the impact your leadership style has on those who work with you.
Understand a range of leadership skills
- Use the skills and processes presented and techniques to improve the quality of leadership
- Explain the benefits of having effective leadership in the organization
Leaders are creating & communicating meaning
- Leaders can make the important things clear
- Leaders can make the meaning of the organization clear through the mission and vision that they communicate
Leaders have an external focus
Great leaders look outside their organization at:
- Benchmarked Information
- Happy & Loyal Customers
Leaders have a genuine caring about people
- Great leaders want to:
- Know their people
- Show that they care about their people
- Involve their people
- Trust and value their people
- They provide Motivation
- They create trusting and empowered teams
They provide Inspiration
- These leadership skills allow ordinary people within the organization to produce extraordinary results over the long-term
- Leadership is the essential ingredient that turns visions and plans into reality
- Effective leaders harness the energies and gain the commitment of their people towards great achievements
What makes an effective leader?
- The factors that make an effective leader can be classified under three headings:
- Traits or characteristics they exhibit
- Behaviors that they show
- Situations they find themselves in
Module 1: Self Awareness
Module 2: Management Functions
Module 3: Team Building and Trust
Module 4: Leadership roles and qualities
Module 5: Theories of Leadership
Module 6: Conflict Management and Decision Making
Module 7: Motivating your staff
Module 8: Delegation, performance management
Module 9: The Way Forward – Goal setting
- Self – awareness
- Myers Briggs Personality Profile
- Describe and apply the situational leadership model
- Describe and apply various leadership styles for differing employees
- Leadership traits and qualities
- Leadership roles and leadership qualities
- Understand the difference between management and leadership
- Being able to apply effective management skills
- Planning tools for leaders
- Being able to apply effective leadership skills
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships
- Identify barriers to effective teamwork and discuss and implement solutions
- Creating effective, high performance teams
- Building trust and unity in teams. Steve Covey’s Speed of Trust model
- Develop effective delegation skills
- Develop effective performance management skills
- Provide mentoring and coaching support to team members
- Develop plans and objectives in consultation with the team
- Stress the importance of and apply various methods of handling conflicts promptly
- Conflict management techniques
- Understand and apply disciplinary principles when necessary
- Handle challenges through an effective problem solving technique
- Practice lateral thinking in responding to challenges requiring creative solutions
- Being able to apply the decision making steps
- Manage change by encouraging individuals to express fears
- Creating a legacy- why leaders develop the members of their team?
- Describe and implement various methods to motivate and recognise staff
*Please state the course description/name in the subject bar when enquiring.